Skip to main content

Flitting into the New Year

 My friend Donna's birthday is New Year's eve, and we made a day of it! 

Brekkie in town, then, with her husband playing chauffeur, we headed to the beach! We stopped at a couple of favorite shops, and had a delicious dinner at Tidal Raves (compete with chocolate torte!)

Depot Bay sunset

It was a lovely day for an outing, i always feel revitalized, after a trip to the ocean. 

As we head into our January BlogBoost, I thought of guidance I heard nearly 20 years ago, "We need to know who we are, so no one can tell us who we aren't!"

May our blogs help us remember our essence, our values, and who we are! 

The Blog challenge invites us to post throughout the month, and share these with the community. Visit each other's blogs beings a kaleidoscopic view of our lives and interests - I'm always inspired when I participate. 

Happy New Year! ᎤᎵᎮᎵᏍᏗ ᎢᏤ ᎠᏕᏘᏱᏍᎬᎢ  U-li-he-lis-di itse adediyisgvi (Cherokee)

A friend mentioned this year is a ONE in numerology - great time for new beginnings!

See you in the word-sphere 

Nadya 


Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Nadya. Happy to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be here with you as well, Lily!
      Happy New Year ✨️

      Delete
  2. Happy new year and happy birthday to your friend! Looking forward to connecting again this month. PS: We were not sick, our friends, with whom we usually celebrate New Years's Eve were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Oh, good! Hope THEY feel better quickly!
      We've been stuffy (daughter's failures and I) / but the hazelnuts are blooming, and triggers allergies! (Who knew? And i love the nuts!!)
      Nadya

      Delete
  3. Yes, I also heard this year is ONE in numerology. It's the perfect year for a first restart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love this sense of fresh energy available! Thanks for stopping by, Amanda.
      💕 Nadya

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, happy to see you back in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Nadya! Sounds like a great time celebrating your friend. I'm looking forward to reading your blogs this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun, Kimberly - we often go on adventures together!
      Her husband and I may be distant cousins, as our families are from the same part of the country, and we share Cherokee heritage!
      Looking forward to your posts as well!
      Nadya

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinch of Salt

   In the fall of 2022 , I was sorting and paring down as I prepared to move across town to my daughter's, while Rose Cottage was built.  My daughter and son-in law helped a lot, but I still needed to make many tough decisions about what to keep and what to pass on! And I struggle with executive function - so it was challenging! Percy choose his basket  for the move Enter - Salt ! Between rounds of dethugging I found putting out little bowls of Salt ever so helpful! It does its work behind the scenes, whilst we're sleeping! My Feng Shui consultant and friend  Gwynne Warner  suggests sprinkling salt in the corners of rooms (where energy accumulates and can get 'stuck') , then sweeping it up the next day. Another tip was to leave a crystal on a box or space you plan to sort overnight, and invite it to help you gain clarity on distributing the contents.    Atelier - packing up Simple Shui consultant Amanda Gibby Peters feels Salt is,  "an ever...

Finish Line

   As October comes to a close, we are finishing our fourth and final  BlogBoost  challenge for 2025 -  we did it!  (This year I participated in 2)   The next challenge will begin with the new year in January, so save the link!  Whether we posted daily, or just 'regularly,' we all gain from each challenge. Thank you Paul for inspiration and hosting! Camp Arrah Wanna- Oregon Cascades As  Mark Twain said , "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."   Visiting each other's blogs offers unique way to travel, giving us  peeks into each other's worlds. Perhaps someone's post revived an old interest, or sparked a new one, and ours provided the same for another.  As our  challenge  ends, new opportunities beckon. F ollowing our blog challange host Paul's tips, I plan to continue posting several times a week, and visiting other blogs. Checking my sta...

Be the Reason

  Today my friends Donna and Marvin invited me to join then on an road trip adventure, and we headed North to Hood River and the Harvest Fest! An Abundance of Produce It was a blustery, rainy day, but Multnomah falls was beautiful as always, and the weather cleared 'just in time' when we arrived in Hood River and the fest!  Rainy day - Columbia River  We had fun wandering, chatting, eating (I had a gluten free enchilada and corn on the cob, Donna had a braut with saurkraut and potato salad) and visiting.  There were many great vendors, and delightful mini conversations!  Business Card blessing And - so many smiles were exchanged!  They cost nothing, and are so appreciated!  More than once, we heard, " you made my day !" So this card Josiah invited me to choose was a great affirmation!  Cacao Brain Bliss -  ManukaMana I look forward to the first sip of Cacao Brain Bliss - made with ceremonial cacao, lions mane mushroom and manuka honey - whi...