Skip to main content

Family Camp

 In so happy to be at Family camp again this fall!! Growing up camping and then living at Breitenbush in the 90s, it feels like coming home. It's a rainy this weekend, so I'm doubly happy to share a cozy cabin!

Hearth in the Lodge
For the several years, church members and friends have been invited to spend a fall weekend at Camp Arrah Wanna, on the beautiful Salmon River in the Cascades, near Y'East (Mount Hood). Some congregants grew up coming to camp when young, as have my grandkids. 
Salmon - in the Salmon River 
 We have several workshops each morning - One year I led a couple of the craft projects. I'm planing on craft time with Sunshine and Sarah again this year, and tomorrow I'll lead Tai Chi. 
I'm with my daughter Mary and her 8th graders, who are enjoying time with some of their friends. In '22, my middle granddaughters Emily and Kayleen came with us, which was a treat. We call out Forced Family Fun - the only forced bit is the obligatory photos!!

Time to get up and head over to the Lodge for coffee and breakfast 

Have you been to camp or rural workshops as an adult?
Would you, if you had the opportunity?

Comments

  1. That sounds wonderful. We used to camping in the Adirondacks with our kids. I would love to do a workshop or something similar one time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, Claudia! It's a rainy weekend - but lots of activities inside.
      We just watched the animated movie Flow (about 10 adults)
      Nadya

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend a fall day. I am not a camper or one who roughs it but I do love a retreat that provides time for fellowship and building new memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - we look forward to it each year! (Last year paper Erika got a grant, so we didn't need to pay!!)
      And cozy cabins with electricity and hot water are So Much nicer than roughing it!!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to spend time with your daughter and others! I love family (whether it's "real family or those that seem like family) for times like this. Enjoy family camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a lot of fun!
      We are sharing a cabin with our senior and youth pastors, Erika, Sean and their kids (teens) so all the youth are together.
      Free time, the girls just headed back to the Craft Shack!
      Nadya

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Pinch of Salt

   In the fall of 2022 , I was sorting and paring down as I prepared to move across town to my daughter's, while Rose Cottage was built.  My daughter and son-in law helped a lot, but I still needed to make many tough decisions about what to keep and what to pass on! And I struggle with executive function - so it was challenging! Percy choose his basket  for the move Enter - Salt ! Between rounds of dethugging I found putting out little bowls of Salt ever so helpful! It does its work behind the scenes, whilst we're sleeping! My Feng Shui consultant and friend  Gwynne Warner  suggests sprinkling salt in the corners of rooms (where energy accumulates and can get 'stuck') , then sweeping it up the next day. Another tip was to leave a crystal on a box or space you plan to sort overnight, and invite it to help you gain clarity on distributing the contents.    Atelier - packing up Simple Shui consultant Amanda Gibby Peters feels Salt is,  "an ever...

Be the Reason

  Today my friends Donna and Marvin invited me to join then on an road trip adventure, and we headed North to Hood River and the Harvest Fest! An Abundance of Produce It was a blustery, rainy day, but Multnomah falls was beautiful as always, and the weather cleared 'just in time' when we arrived in Hood River and the fest!  Rainy day - Columbia River  We had fun wandering, chatting, eating (I had a gluten free enchilada and corn on the cob, Donna had a braut with saurkraut and potato salad) and visiting.  There were many great vendors, and delightful mini conversations!  Business Card blessing And - so many smiles were exchanged!  They cost nothing, and are so appreciated!  More than once, we heard, " you made my day !" So this card Josiah invited me to choose was a great affirmation!  Cacao Brain Bliss -  ManukaMana I look forward to the first sip of Cacao Brain Bliss - made with ceremonial cacao, lions mane mushroom and manuka honey - whi...

Finish Line

   As October comes to a close, we are finishing our fourth and final  BlogBoost  challenge for 2025 -  we did it!  (This year I participated in 2)   The next challenge will begin with the new year in January, so save the link!  Whether we posted daily, or just 'regularly,' we all gain from each challenge. Thank you Paul for inspiration and hosting! Camp Arrah Wanna- Oregon Cascades As  Mark Twain said , "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."   Visiting each other's blogs offers unique way to travel, giving us  peeks into each other's worlds. Perhaps someone's post revived an old interest, or sparked a new one, and ours provided the same for another.  As our  challenge  ends, new opportunities beckon. F ollowing our blog challange host Paul's tips, I plan to continue posting several times a week, and visiting other blogs. Checking my sta...